Senior Design System Specialist
Senior Design System Specialist
Does seeing a good design system satisfy you on a deep level? Are you up for the challenge of building upon and maintaining one of Denmark’s largest design systems? TrackMan creates state-of-the-art hardware platforms to help sports players of all levels unleash their potential. We are looking for a Senior Design System Specialist to take on the exciting opportunity of building our design system across all platforms and all products. Trust us, it’s no small task!
Join us on our journey to enable athletes around the world with actionable data-driven insights as well as best-in-class golf simulators. We are a design team of 10 design geeks from Mexico, Spain, Slovakia and Denmark who daily have fun and challenge each other in delivering the best digital products, and we are looking for our next Senior Design System Specialist for design systems to join the team.
Your role & responsibilities
As a Senior Design System Specialist you are responsible for the design system. You will own and guide the future vision for creating a shared UI language for all of TrackMan’s products across platforms. In collaboration with the product and design stakeholders, you will define paradigms and patterns for providing a delightful and value-driven experience for our users.
This position requires some previous years of experience, especially in developing a design system before and we expect you are confident in the leading process of improving and maintaining the design system.
You guessed it! You will be working on the design system across platforms and products at Trackman, so here is a more detailed breakdown of the project:
- Own the design system - UI component libraries, documentation, design patterns for TrackMan’s product ecosystem
- Building components in Figma for designers
- Manage the UI components library in Figma and contiously improve components based on the latest funtionality from Figma
- Create workflows for automating the adoption of design patterns across the products
- Establish platform design guidelines
- Tackle design inconsistencies and push for a more cohesive product design
- Design documentation and specifications as well as changelog maintenance
- Collaborate closely with engineers to implement and refine on components
- Maintain one source of truth for code and design
- Evangelize adoption to Design System to the organization
Ideally, you have
- Experience designing for a broad range of different platforms with complex structures. We have everything from 3D game environments and mobile applications to SaaS platforms.
- A “PhD” in Figma, especially regarding design libraries, naming, autolayout etc.
- A structured, analytical, and organized approach to your work.
- Strong understanding of UI/UX principles, experience working with & contributing to design systems.
- A system thinking mindset and are able to apply our design system, and contribute to it by extrapolating patterns and behaviors from a specific instance to the larger experience and vice versa. You thrive when working together with other designers, pair-designing, giving, and receiving feedback.
- Experience and success in working with teams of developers and product managers building products/services with complex requirements.
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- An interest in sports and golf in particular (Not required, but a plus)
Benefits of working here
- Opportunities to learn new skills, and develop your career in a fast-growing international company.
- Direct impact on our users’ daily use of TrackMan products.
- Great colleagues and supportive work culture.
- Employee benefits like; catered lunch, free golf lessons from a Pro, an all-you-can-play golf simulator, and much more!
- Social happenings and company events.
Your design family
The atmosphere in our team is relaxed, fun, and supportive. We are a close-knit team in the UI/UX Design department. There are 10 of us working on different platforms and products, but we collaborate and support each other with design critiques, deep-dive sessions, pair design and more structural initiatives like a shared design system.
Join the home of a powerful sports brand and a one-of-a-kind technology
Our proprietary technology is based on expert knowledge about radar, computer vision, data, and software engineering. Our solutions are developed by specialists who endlessly explore and challenge new technical boundaries. TrackMan’s blend of cutting-edge technology, sports, and continued growth make our company an outstanding place to work. Our work culture is entrepreneurial, ambitious, and rewarding as you get to collaborate with inspiring colleagues and interact with the leaders of golf, baseball, and football. Based on a unique brand reputation, we are proud of working in close partnership with the top athletes, organizations, and teams that rely on our technology to stay ahead of the race.
We are a Danish company founded, owned, and managed since 2003 by three entrepreneurs with a strong passion for sports. Today, we have a global footprint with our headquarter located in Denmark (Vedbaek) and offices in New York, Phoenix, Poland, and Tokyo. We employ more than 500 people worldwide, half of which work in Denmark, where most hardware and software products are developed, tested, and manufactured.
Where innovation happens
At TrackMan, we know that great people make great products. We believe that teams thrive and innovation sparks in an atmosphere where people are encouraged to think for themselves, where everybody’s voices are heard, and where the best ideas prevail in the pursuit of the exceptional solution. This mix is what makes TrackMan an inspiring company – for our customers and our colleagues.
Share our Passion!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Head of UI/UX Janus Clemmensen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Designers are visual people, so we do not expect an essay of your greatest achievements. Instead, send your portfolio along with a few lines about yourself. We’re having interviews on an ongoing basis and we will complete the process when the right candidate has been found.
If you got what it takes, apply today and join a company with great technologies, passionate colleagues, and great opportunities to grow