DevOps Engineer with a passion for Linux
DevOps Engineer with a passion for Linux
We are building the next generation operations platform based on modern Linux technologies, and we need your help herding the penguins, and driving the gremlins away. It may get messy, and some files may get corrupted, but at the end of the journey enlightenment and wisdom awaits. If you take upon this quest, then we can offer you an exciting opportunity as part of the Research and Development DevOps team.
Our systems, ranging from rack servers to laptops and embedded systems, are built upon a solid Linux foundation, and we are looking for people with strong problem-solving skills, desire to learn, and not least knowledge of the Linux ecosystem.
As Operations Development Engineer you will work closely with software development, support, and field operations teams in designing new solutions and solving problems for existing customers both locally in our headquarters in Denmark and remotely across Europe, the USA, and Japan. You will have the opportunity to interact with various high-tech products and technologies such as Doppler radars, machine vision, and 3D graphics.
What will you be doing?
- Architecting solutions for reliable and scalable systems operations
- Configuring and maintaining Linux systems, cloud infrastructure, and network configurations at a large scale in remote locations
- Building tools and services for field operations, support, and software development teams
- Automating deployment and system configurations in code (DevOps)
- Defining and implementing security policies and firewall rules
- Establishing system monitoring, logging, and intrusion detection systems
- Troubleshooting problems on network, server, and cloud infrastructure
What will you NOT be doing?
- Developing customer-facing software – you will support development teams in what they are doing instead
- Providing IT support or installing workstations for your colleagues
- Physically installing servers and networks on location – that is handled by field operations
What we offer
- Interesting and engaging tasks that would let your creative mind shine
- Highly skilled and motivated colleagues that you can learn from, and that are willing to learn from you
- Being part of a growing team of three developers where you can help us define the direction that we are headed in
- Start-up like flexibility, but with security and backing of a leading industry brand
- Balance between work and social life.
Who are you?
- You have 4+ years of experience in a similar position maybe as a system administrator, network and firewall specialist, or a software developer working in a complex Linux environment
- You know the Linux ecosystem well, both on physical hardware and in the cloud
- You have experience using and managing container-based systems
- You have a good grasp on IT security
- You are no stranger to problem solving and writing code
Technologies that are good to know
- Python or another programming language
- Docker, Kubernetes, or Podman container runtimes
- Azure or AWS cloud infrastructure and automation
- Elastic Stack, Humio, Splunk or similar logging systems
- Salt Stack, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or similar automation systems
- Virtualization solutions such as KVM, Xen, Hyper-V
- Firewalls like iptables or nftables
- Any intrusion detection/prevention system.
Join the home of a powerful sports brand and a one-of-a-kind technology
Our proprietary technology is based on expert knowledge about radar, computer vision, data, and software engineering. Our solutions are developed by specialists who endlessly explore and challenge new technical boundaries. TrackMan’s blend of cutting-edge technology, sports and continued growth make our company an outstanding place to work. Our work culture is entrepreneurial, ambitious, and rewarding as you get to collaborate with inspiring colleagues and interact with the leaders of golf, baseball, and football. Based on a unique brand reputation, we are proud of working in close partnership with the top athletes, organizations and teams that rely on our technology to stay ahead of the race.
We are a Danish company founded, owned, and managed since 2003 by three entrepreneurs with a strong passion for sports. Today, we have a global footprint with our headquarter located in Denmark (Vedbaek) and offices in New York, Phoenix, Seoul and Tokyo. We are more than 600 people worldwide, half of which work in Denmark where most hardware and software products are developed, tested, and manufactured.
Where innovation happens
At TrackMan, we know that great people make great products. We believe that teams thrive and innovation sparks in an atmosphere where people are encouraged to think for themselves, where everybody’s voices are heard, and where the best ideas prevail in the pursuit of the exceptional solution. This mix is what makes TrackMan an inspiring company – for our customers and our colleagues.
Share our Passion!
For additional information about the position, please contact Mikkel Helsted-Amskov at +45 24211460 / E-mail: MAK@trackman.com.
The position is intended for our HQ in Denmark, please apply only if located in Copenhagen metropolitan area or wiling to relocate/commute.
Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your application as soon as possible. No cover letter needed.